The Importance of a Teacher of Record: Definition and Roster Verification for High-Stakes Decision Making
- Develop a definition that reflects all professionals and educational settings (for example, co-teaching).
- Provide guidance to districts on how to implement the statewide ToR definition.
- Allow district autonomy, as long as it aligns with the state’s educational priorities and use of the data for high-stakes decision making.
- Pilot statewide RV systems before full implementation.
- Ensure that staff familiar with the students and their classroom experiences approve the rosters.
Strategic Data Use in Education
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation